Commercial Pilot Licence
A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) enables you to have the greatest career in the world – flying a helicopter and getting paid for it!
To be eligible for entry onto our CPL Course you must be:
- 18 years of age prior to sitting the CPL Flight Test Hold an Aviation Class 1 medical certificate
- Meet the ‘Fit & Proper Person’ requirements of NZCAA.
- Be competent in spoken English to meet NZCAA requirements.
Theory Subject Requirements:
- CPL Navigation and Flight planning
- CPL Air Law
- CPL Meteorology
- CPL Aircraft Technical Knowledge
- CPL Human Factors
- CPL Principles of Flight
Practical Flying Requirements:
|Cross Country – Total||20 hours|
|Cross Country – Dual Instruction||7 hours|
|Cross Country – Solo||8 hours|
|Mountain – Total||10 hours|
|Mountain – Dual Instruction||7 hours|
|Sling – Total||10 hours|
|Sling – Dual Instruction||7 hours|
|Flight Test||2 hours|
|Total flight hours||152 hours|