Whether you have recently completed your CPL and wish to enhance your employment opportunities or, like us, you wish to teach others to be the best that they can be behind the controls, then gaining your Helicopter Instructor Rating is for you.
Becoming an instructor is not for everyone. You need patience and an understanding of people’s abilities. But watching your student flying solo for the first time, or seeing their pride when they receive their licence, is a huge reward.
To be eligible for any of our courses you must be able to show the ability to complete the course, have a clear criminal and driving offence record and be able to hold the appropriate class of medical certificate.
To be eligible for entry onto our C-Cat Course you must:
- Hold a current NZ CPL (H)
- Hold a current Class 1 medical certificate
- Continue to meet the CAANZ “Fit & Proper Person” status requirements
- Have completed the minimum CAANZ flight experience for each of the following elements;
- Pilot in command (PIC time) – 150 hours
- Instrument – 7 hours (of which 5 hours must be dual)
- Cross Country – 40 hours PIC (including a 300nm flight)
- Mountainous terrain – 10 hours PIC
- Sling loads – 10 hours PIC
Instructional Techniques Course from 5th – 8th November. Enquire now!